Beverly Johnson's beauty line launches at Target
RENEE MINUS WHITE Fashion & Beauty Editor | 4/13/2012, 3:10 p.m.
Supermodel Beverly Johnson, the first African-American model to grace the cover of Vogue magazine, recently launched two new beauty product lines that are selling in select Target stores nationwide. Model Logic by Beverly Johnson is a multicultural line of seven luxurious hair care products geared to men and women of all ages. And for numerous styling options, Beverly Johnson Drawstring Ponytails feature a blend of synthetic and natural hair that can withstand the high heat of a curling iron.
Following in the tradition of legendary African-American entrepreneurs and pioneers who have built beauty empires by creating products specifically for women of color, Johnson has invoked that same spirit with the Beverly Johnson Lifestyle Brand, which includes hair care, skin care, bath and body products, ponytails and more. Unlike many celebrity-licensed or endorsed products, Model Logic by Beverly Johnson has been created, manufactured and distributed by Johnson's own recently launched company, BJE LLC.
"Having worked so long in the fashion and beauty industries, many of the products that were used on me while I was modeling were more than just your average lipstick or shampoo," said Johnson. "I learned how products were formulated and what products were the most beneficial for both women and men both in terms of styling and restoration. Thanks to this experience, I've been called a 'hair guru' by the Los Angeles Times and others. I believe in and pride myself on creating hair and beauty products that are top-notch and serve very specific beauty needs."
The salon-quality products are all based on formulas that Johnson has used for years. Each of her hair products boasts a unique blend of emollients, botanical extracts and vitamins that leave hair looking luxurious, like a supermodel's mane.
Hair care products are available at affordable price points from $12.50 to $25. The Beverly Johnson Drawstring Ponytails range from $10 to $25.
The following products are at select Target stores now:
- Top Model Super Luxurious Moisturizing Shampoo, a concentrated shampoo with vitamin E that gently conditions as it cleans so hair is never stripped or depleted of natural oils.
- Hairline Magic Creme, which softens and prevents breakage at the hairline--a perfect way to smooth down broken and unruly hairs and keep them in place.
- Go Curly, a nourishing styling product that promotes the natural curl of your hair to create soft, flowing, frizz-free curls. It contains pro-vitamin B and keratin to moisturize and improve shine in curly hair.
- Dead Straight, which offers an incredible shine and styling treatment, providing your hair with exceptional conditioning and incredible shine.
- Work It Ultra Softening Conditioning Treatment, which replenishes dry hair with smoothing and deep-penetrating conditioners. It's enriched with pro-vitamin B5, which is highly beneficial and refreshing for both hair and scalp.
- Photo Finish Mist, a fine mist that gives hair shine.
- Strike a Pose Shea Butter Moisturizer, which provides control and hold.
- Beverly Johnson Drawstring Ponytails, which add long, luxurious, natural style to hair using the Futura synthetic hair fiber. It's lighter, softer and feels and looks like human hair.
Products are also available at www.beverlyjonson.com.