Hurricane Sandy volunteer opportunities, relief centers
AmNews Staff Reports | 11/5/2012, 3:44 p.m.
- more coming soon
- NYPD Community Affairs Unit is collecting donations at Resorts World Casino at 110-00 Rockaway Blvd in Jamaica, Queens (enter from 109th Street & Rockaway Blvd). They are in need of canned goods, water, paper goods, baby care products, clothing, toiletries, flashlights, backpacks and batteries. Questions can be directed to the Community Affairs Bureau at 646-610-5323 or via email email@example.com.
Make the Road NY is accepting food, warm clothing, blankets, flashlights, batteries, diapers, baby formula -- anything useful for families in the areas hardest hit by the storm at 92-10 Roosevelt Avenue, Jackson Heights, Queens, (718) 565-8500, Saturday, 10am-6pm
- P.S. 80 (Petrides Complex), 715 Ocean Terrace
- I.S. 51, 20 Houston Street
- Curtis High School, 105 Hamilton Avenue
- Tottenville High School, 100 Luten Avenue
- Susan E. Wagner High School, 1200 Manor Road
- On Tuesday, November 6, Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr. & Council Member James Vacca Are Organizing Buses to Staten Island for Hurricane Sandy Relief Efforts. Pick up location: Council Member Vacca's Office 3040 East Tremont Avenue at 9:30 a.m.
- The shelter at Susan Wagner High School (1200 Manor Road, Staten Island) is in need of school supplies for children of all ages. Please bring supplies directly to the school between 10am and 5pm daily.
Make the Road NY is accepting food, warm clothing, blankets, flashlights, batteries, diapers, baby formula -- anything useful for families in the areas hardest hit by the storm at 479 Port Richmond Avenue, Port Richmond, Staten Island, (718) 727-1222, Saturday and Sunday, 10am-6pm
- Lehman College, 250 Bedford Park Boulevard West
- Bronx Community College, 80 West 181st Street
- I.S. 201, 730 Bryant Avenue
- I.S. 98, 1619 Boston Road
- P.S. 102, 1827 Archer Street
- M.S./H.S. 141, 660 West 237th Street
- I.S. 145, 1000 Teller Avenue
- P.S. 211, 1919 Prospect Avenue
- P.S. 92, 700 East 179th Street
- P.S. 306, 40 West Tremont Avenue
- William H. Taft High School, 240 East 172nd Street
- Evander Childs High School, 800 East Gun Hill Road
- Harry S. Truman High School, 750 Baychester Avenue
- P.S. 5, 564 Jackson Avenue
- more coming soon