Fe, fi, faux hair
RENEE MINUS WHITE Fashion & Beauty Editor | 1/3/2013, 5:01 p.m.
The big holidays may be past, but you can still have fun and look fashionable by adding some tresses to your hairstyle. Fabulous faux hair additions from Scunci transform your hairstyle and look in a blink of an eye. These clip-on hair pieces are perfect for days when you want a quick change or if your hair just won't rise to the occasion. They're affordable, adorable and adaptable.
So if you can't commit to bangs, there are Scunci 6-inch Clip-on Fringe Bangs in eyelash-grazing lengths that are quick to give you a bang. For instant color dimension, try a Scunci Faux Hair Twister, available in various shades of blond and brunette. If you are looking for length, clip on a 10-inch Faux Pony, an 18-inch Duo Style Flipped Pony or a 20-inch Curly Pony. A 16-inch Styleable Wrapped Pony allows you to customize your look with your favorite hot tools. Scunci faux hair clip-ons come in various colors. Banish bad hair days forever with a little fun!
To style, thermal styling tools may be used on heat settings up to 350 degrees. Be warned that the fibers may be scorched on a higher setting. For best results when straightening the faux hair, take a one-inch section and run a flat iron over the hair from root to ends. Repeat until all of the hair is straightened to your satisfaction. When curling faux hair with a curling iron, create the curl by wrapping a section of hair around the barrel, hold for 10 to 20 seconds, and then carefully slide it off the iron. Hold the warm curl in place, pin it with a clip and wait until it cools. Once the curl has cooled and is set, remove the clip and style as desired. DO NOT style, straighten or curl faux hair while wearing it.
To wash, here are some tips:
1. Remove tangles gently with fingers or a pick. Don't brush.
2. Mix a dime-size amount of a gentle shampoo into a basin of cool water.
3. Immerse the ponytail for five minutes. Rinse thoroughly in water. Do not rub.
4. Make sure all shampoo is rinsed out, as residue could cause damage to fibers.
5. Blot gently with a clean, dry towel to remove excess water. Don't twist or squeeze.
6. Brushing or combing a wet ponytail is not recommended as fibers could stretch or break.
7. To dry, simply hang up or use your blow dryer on the lowest setting.
The Scunci collection is available at drug and mass retailers nationwide. Prices range from $7.99 to $19.99.