‘I’m So AmNewsFOOD’ contest deadline approaches
KYSHA HARRIS,AmNewsFOOD Editor, @SCHOPgirl | 4/6/2017, midnight
There is no time to mince, chop or dice words. We are still taking submissions for the third annual “I’m So AmNewsFOOD” contest to sample your foods at the Harlem EatUp! Festival. Here are the requirements:
• You and/or your product must be from Harlem/made in Harlem!
• You must produce 800 to 1,000 samples to give away only. No items will be for sale.
• Food products that can be served at room temperature or cold are optimal. Products requiring heating/electricity will be at an additional cost to you.
• To serve your samples, by the time of the festival, you must have:
• a Certificate in Food Protection issued by the NYC Department of Health, and
• either a Food Establishment Permit (for restaurants/food trucks) or a Temporary Food Establishment Permit (everyone else). If not, you will be responsible for hiring a server from the festival caterer at an hourly fee.
Email your submission with a photo of the product, a bio and a brief, 200-words or less, description and reason why you should be chosen to AmNewsFOOD@SCHOPnyc.com, subject line “I’m So AmNewsFOOD,” no later than Friday, April 14, 2017. Finalists will be invited to the Amsterdam News offices with their submission for a taste test. The winner(s) will be announced to represent himself or herself, AmNewsFOOD and Harlem at our booth.