Third annual Mount Morris Park Halloween Extravaganza, Day 1:
- 1 p.m. Children’s “Make-Some-Noise Costume Parade”! Begins in Marcus Garvey Park, northwest corner of 124th Street, and will make its way around the park. Bring some noisemakers!
- 2-4 p.m. Dance & costume contest! Fun prizes will be awarded to best dog, baby, children and adults in costume. Halloween Fun Stations featuring games, balloon sculpting, face painting and more will be in the northwest corner of the park.
Third annual Mount Morris Park Halloween Extravaganza, Day 2
- 5-7 p.m. Trick-or-treating around the Mount Morris Park neighborhood. A list of participating homes will be available at the parade.
AROUND THE CITY
- “Ghouls & Gourds” at Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Children under 12 admitted free. Enjoy celebrating Halloween with a costume parade, crafts, music and many other Halloween-themed activities.
- “Children’s Fall Festival” at Queens County Farm Museum. (718) 347-3276. 11 a.m.-4 p.m. $5 all ages, free with membership. Visit the haunted house, play traditional games or take a pony ride. Characters, music and food and craft vendors will make this a memorable time for all. Costumes encouraged!
- Halloween celebration at the American Museum of Natural History. 4-7 p.m. $10 ($9 for members). Join families for an evening of trick-or-treating, arts and crafts, costumed characters and a special Halloween space show in the planetarium.
WEEKENDS IN OCTOBER
- “Boo at the Bronx Zoo.” Activities included with zoo admission, additional charge for “Total Experience.” Includes face painting, storytelling, pumpkin painting and more. Kids in costume are admitted free with a paying adult.
FOR ADULTS ONLY
- Annual Halloween Festival and Costume Ball, $20. Visit www.theaterforthenewcity.net for details and tickets.
October 29, 30, 31
- “The Ghosts of Greenwich Village Scavenger Hunt.” Family versions available. Visit www.watsonadventures.com for more details and to purchase tickets.