FDNY (293087)
Credit: Image by JEROME CLARYSSE from Pixabay

NEW YORK (AP) — A 6-year-old boy died after a trash compactor fire filled a New York City apartment building hallway with heavy smoke, police said.

Firefighters responding to a public housing building in the Bronx shortly after 5 p.m. Friday found a 32-year-old male and 6-year-old Aiden Hayward unconscious in a hallway suffering from smoke inhalation, according to New York City police.

The unidentified man was hospitalized in critical condition and the boy was pronounced dead at a city hospital.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze and the investigation was continuing.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *